nk
NICKI KINICKIE
writer & housewife blogging about life

DIARY OF AN ESSEX GIRL NOW LIVING IN NORFOLK. TALKING HONESTLY ABOUT LIFE, MOTHERHOOD AND MENTAL HEALTH.

iconmonstr_instagram_4_240
iconmonstr_pinterest_4_240
iconmonstr_twitter_4_240
iconmonstr_google_plus_4_240
iconmonstr_facebook_4_240
iconmonstr_linkedin_4_240
iconmonstr_youtube_9_240

Monday 6 August 2018

I'm not Perfect but I try my Best.



One of the great things about getting older is gaining experience, learning from life's lessons and slowly and surely discovering who you are as a person or what you want to achieve in the future.

We all have sides to our personality we may not be too keen on or even vices that take over a little bit but none of us are perfect even if you are lucky enough to have an ego that thinks you are.

We all have flaws.

Some of us have more flaws than others, some of us embrace our flaws and some of us don't have flaws that cause us problems.

For the last few years I have been working hard to improve my lifestyle to enable myself to feel happier and more comfortable in my own skin. These changes are all with the end goal of living a much better, fulfilling and happier life.

That being said, I don't ever want anyone who follows my social media accounts or reads this blog to think I am perfect or don't mess up cos I do. I am only human and I am one of those humans more susceptible to messing up than others.

I don't always eat healthy food even though I know junk food is bad for me, I don't always exercise when I know I should and know how good it will make me feel.

I don't always look after my skin or drink enough water.

I don't always opt for caffeine free even though | know stimulants affect my anxiety.

I am moody and can want to be left alone sometimes.

I smudge my lipstick if I eat certain foods and my mascara ALWAYS transfers under my eyes no matter how on fleek I do my make up.

I sometimes tell my daughter I am doing work when actually I am just having ten minutes break from drawing or playing or general adulting.

I swear too much and swear at the wrong times.

I sometimes talk gobbledegook because I get nervous or anxious and feel as though I need to say something but most of the time end up talking shit.

D'ya know what though? I am always trying.

Every day I get up with the intention of achieving as much as possible that day with my work, my family, helping my daughter learn and household chores. Every day I get up with the intention of being positive and putting healthy food into my body and drinking lots of water. Every day I get up with the intention of having the best day possible, smiling at strangers and giving something back to the universe whether it is donating a few tins of beans to the local food bank or helping someone across the road.

Yeah I am not a perfect person but each day I work to be a happier, healthier person who is grateful to be alive when there are so many others out there who aren't here anymore and should be.

That's all any of us can do.

So follow me on this journey to self satisfaction, self love and self care and let me know your twists and tales along the way too. But don't for a moment think that I am perfect and know it all because I don't. None of us do.

Photo: Katie Jade Photography

No comments:

LOOKING FOR SOMETHING IN PARTICULAR?

Search Site

OR CHECK THE SITE ARCHIVE HERE